Thursday, August 5, 2010

Field



The harvest is abundant, but the workers are few. Therefore, pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest. Luke 10:2 HCSB

My house is full, but my field is empty, who will go and work for me today? It seems my children all want to stay around my table, but no one wants to work in my field… Lanny Wolfe*

When I was eleven, my family moved to a farm in the country where I encountered real farm chores and consistent farm food for the first time in my life. I must confess that I was more enthusiastic about the food than I was the chores.

In the church, most of us enjoy the benefits of being a part of the family of God more than we desire to serve Him and His people. And when we come across a scripture like the one above, instructing us to pray that God would send out people to work for Him, we skip over that prayer because secretly we’re afraid that it might He might send us.

Lord, send out workers to minister and help us be willing if it is us that You call.


*My House Is Full

No comments:

Post a Comment