Friday, March 18, 2011

Conform Vs. Transform



Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God. Romans 12:1-2 HCSB

Make room within in heart, O God, That You may form in me
The image You have shown in Christ, My very life to be.

Bryan Jeffery Leech*

The definition of conform, according to Freedictionary.com is To act or be in accord or agreement. In other words, comply. Living a life of compliance can be extremely draining, especially when you have to spend so much of your time remembering how you are supposed to act.

However, the definition of transform from the same source is To change the nature, function, or condition of. In other words, convert. Transformation means to be changed completely. When I become something, I don’t have to remember to act a certain way. I am a certain way because of what I have become.

Lord, I no longer want to conform to the world. Help me to transform to Your likeness. Help me to renew my mind and continually become like You.

*Make Room Within My Heart, O God

No comments:

Post a Comment