Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Unique

This blog entry has been reposted by request.

So God created man in His own image; He created him in the image of God; He created them male and female. Genesis 1:27 HCSB

But hold up and let the river rush in, you can turn around and start livin’ again, Cause your life is a beautiful bloom in the image of the One that created you. Toby McKeehan*

To my dismay, I was not selected to be the soloist with the choir at a conference I attended in college. Sitting in the choir, I allowed myself to feel miserable and defeated during the evening of worship. Following the service, an older lady approached me and said, “When the choir sang, I watched you. You are unique and loved by God. You were created in His image and you are valuable to Him.”

Do you ever feel worthless? Do you ever feel of little value? Remember that God made you in His own image. Remember that He made you for a purpose. Remember that you are unique and loved by God. You are valuable to Him.

Lord, I know that You adore me. Thank You for creating me in Your image.


*Atmosphere

No comments:

Post a Comment