Wednesday, July 8, 2009

His Ears



I called to the Lord in my distress, and I cried to my God for help. From His temple He heard my voice, and my cry to Him reached His ears.
Psalm 18:6 HCSB

When the thunder shakes the mighty hills and trembles ev’ry tree, Then I know a God so great and strong can surely harbor me. Barbara Fowler Gaultney*

Sometimes in life, terrible things happen. Everything seems fine, then suddenly unexpected bills arrive, tires go flat, health problems arise, family members go crazy, and friends turn their back on you. During these times, you may be surrounded by hundreds of people but you constantly feel hopelessly alone. You begin to cry from confusion as you realize that you’ve never quite been in this situation before. Through your tears, you see that there’s no safety net, no personal flotation device, no phone a friend, and no help available. You need a Savior. So, finally, at the end of yourself, you cry out to God for help. Even in His temple, He hears your faint voice calling to Him. He will come and save you.

Lord, thank You for always hearing me.

*My Lord Is Near Me All The Time

No comments:

Post a Comment