Wednesday, July 1, 2009



See if I will not open the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing for you without measure. Malachi 3:10b HCSB

Thro’ days of toil when heart doth fail, God will take care of you;
Civilla D. Martin*

Several years ago, my wife Kathy and I spent a year as missionaries in Central Asia. As our time of service was coming to an end, we realized that we were almost out of money. Our plane tickets were being provided, but we had no money for the three days of travel and layovers in four different countries. We didn’t know what to do, so we prayed hard that God would provide. Three days before we were to leave, as we were sorting through our belongings, I came across a collapsible bag full of toilet paper. I wanted to keep the bag, so I dumped out the toilet paper onto a pile on our bed. As I looked at the mound of toilet paper, I was stunned. There, on top of the pile was $2,000 in cash. God had provided for us in a mighty way.

Lord, thank You for taking care of us.

*God Will Take Care of You

1 comment:

  1. Kathy has shared this story with me before and i love it! God is so creative AND faithful!!!

    ReplyDelete