Monday, September 28, 2009

My Good



But as for me, God’s presence is my good. I have made the Lord God my refuge, so I can tell about all You do. Psalm 73:28 HCSB

O Love that wilt not let me go, I rest my weary soul in Thee; I give Thee back the life I owe, That in Thine ocean depths its flow may richer, fuller be. Cecil Frances Alexander*

Did you know that God wants to spend time with us? It’s true! In fact, He willingly allows Himself to serve as a refuge for us. He wants to be a place where we can escape the troubles of the world and rest our souls. When we visit Him in His presence, He delights in helping us remove the burdens and cares from our minds so that we can bask in His holiness. There, in the closest place to Heaven that we can be while on earth, we easily remember that He is God and that we belong to Him, our Abba Father.

Lord, today I desperately want to be in Your presence. Let me hide there and get to know You better.

*O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go

No comments:

Post a Comment