Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Safe




Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, so that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, because He cares about You.
2 Peter 5:6-7 HCSB

When dangers fierce your path assail, God will take care of you.
Civilla D. Martin*

It was an average Saturday in Yazoo City, Mississippi. Sixty-year-old Dale Thrasher was alone in the Hillcrest Baptist Church and was busy making copies when the building started to pop. He looked outside and realized that the building had been engulfed by a tornado.

Later, Dale recalled “As I passed the sanctuary, the doors were open and I felt the Lord leading me inside. I slid under the communion table. It was just like the Lord put his arms around me… Furniture started swirling around. I just covered my head and said, ‘Lord, please save me.’”**

The Hillcrest Baptist Church building was destroyed, but the Lord saved Dale’s life.

“The Lord saved my soul in 1970,” Dale shared with reporters. “On Saturday, He saved my natural life to do some work for Him.”**

Thank You, Lord, for saving us. May we, in turn, dedicate our lives to serving You.

*God Will Take Care of You
**http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=32808

No comments:

Post a Comment