Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Newlyweds



Sing a new song to the Lord; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Psalm 96:1 HCSB

I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. Mother Theresa*

As a part of our 19th anniversary celebration, Kathy and I visited a park with several gardens. As we exited The Herb Garden, an elderly lady asked, “Is that garden worth visiting?”

Kathy answered, “Oh yes, it’s very nice!”

Humorously, I said, “She had to explain it to me. I kept looking for a guy named Herb.

The woman looked at me like I had stolen her hamburger before saying, “You better watch out or she might be looking for a guy named Herb.

We all laughed and I said, “Nope, she’s mine.”

As Kathy and I walked away, hand in hand, I saw the lady shaking her head and I heard her say, “Newlyweds.”

Just as we must keep our marital relationships fresh, we must continually renew our relationship with the Lord. We must tell Him that we love Him. We must sing to Him a new song.

Help us, Lord, to worship You in a new and fresh way.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment