Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Treasure



But collect for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves don't break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:20-21 HCSB

Unless we place our religion and our treasure in the same thing, religion will always be sacrificed.
Epictetus*

It was a great morning. Kathy and I were speaking and sharing at a small church in Arkansas. I had ended our session with a story about the dangers of getting caught up in physical possessions. Following the service, I was feeling pretty good about myself until I walked out to my car, my new car, which I had purchased, and saw what had happened. There was a small dent and a large scratch over the driver’s side bumper. I felt myself getting angry, but then I remembered what I had just shared with the congregation.

God knows what is important to us. He knows where and how we spend our money. He understands our motives. He sees what we cling to. He wants us to cling to Him. He wants to be our treasure.

Lord, You are more precious than any treasure we could ever acquire.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment