Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fight



For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. Ephesians 6:12 HCSB

I wasn’t prepared for a fight, but I had offended the fifth grade bully. When school let out, I walked home paranoid. Every sound made me jump. Suddenly, I heard a noise in the bushes behind me. I turned and saw the bully standing two feet away. Not knowing what to do, I ran home as fast as I could. There was no way I was going to let Elizabeth Zenkman lay a hand on me!

I escaped from the fight that day, but there’s another fight that Christians encounter daily. Satan, the enemy, wants to destroy our lives. He wants to steal our joy. He wants to kill our Christian witness at any cost. We must realize that he is looking for every opportunity to launch a spiritual attack against us.

We must be prepared for these attacks. We must realize that Satan wants us to conform our thoughts and our actions to those of the world around us. We must clothe ourselves in the armor of the Lord.

Father, help us to daily prepare for the attacks of Satan.

No comments:

Post a Comment