Thursday, August 11, 2011

Above All



Above all, fear the Lord and worship Him faithfully with all your heart, considering the great things He has done for you. 1 Samuel 12:24 HCSB

Sometimes it’s just hard to get excited about worshiping the Lord. I get so consumed with everything that’s going on around me that it’s hard for me to shift my mind to the goodness of the Lord. I know that I need to lift Him up regardless of my circumstances, but often I just don’t feel like it.

One thing that has helped me overcome this is remembering everything that the Lord has done for me. Sometimes, I even have to run through them verbally or mentally.

1. He died for me.
2. He is always there to offer me counsel.
3. He loves me more than I could ever imagine.
4. He’s provided for me time and time again.
5. He’s given me an awesome wife.
6. He’s given me a home.
7. He allows me to serve Him.

Somehow, counting my blessings reminds me of how faithful He’s been to me. That, in turn, helps me to worship Him faithfully.

Thank You, Lord, for all that You’ve done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment