Saturday, August 6, 2011

True Faith




If the God we serve exists, then He can rescue us from the furnace of blazing fire, and He can rescue us from the power of you, the king. But even if He does not rescue us, we want you as king to know that we will not serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up.
Daniel 3:17-18 HCSB

When I was a child, I played the part of Nebuchadnezzar in a musical, which told the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. I enjoyed getting to rant and rave in church because these three men would not worship my gods.

Several years later, I made Jesus my Lord. Suddenly, I realized that the Bible stories I had learned growing up in church were true and that there really were three men who stood before a hateful king who ordered them executed because they refused to worship his idols.

Now, as I remember the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, I see three men so full of faith in God that they were willing to give up their lives. In their refusal to worship the gods of the king, they truly worshiped the one true God.

Lord, help us to always faithfully worship You.

No comments:

Post a Comment