Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Robbing God

Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing Me!”
You ask: “How do we rob You?”
“By not making the payments of 10 percent and the contributions… Bring the full 10 percent into the storehouse so that there may be food in My house.”
“Test Me in this way,” says the Lord of Hosts. “See if I will not open the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing for you without measure.”
Malachi 3:8-10 HCSB

Bob: Do you think tithing is important?
Jim: Yes, I think it’s very important.
Bob: But why would God be so interested in my money?
Jim: He’s interested in a lot more than that.
Bob: What do you mean?
Jim: Well, He’s interested in all of you. Sure, He wants you to be obedient and tithe your money, but He also wants you to tithe of your abilities.
Bob: I can understand that He wants me to serve Him with my abilities, but why should I give Him 10 percent of my income?
Jim: Well, if He can’t trust you with 10 percent, how can He trust you with the other 90 percent?

Lord, teach us to tithe.

No comments:

Post a Comment