Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Frustrated



Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2 HCSB

I was frustrated out of my mind, trying to figure out the will of God. I was doing everything but getting into the presence of God and asking Him to show me. Paul Little*

Kathy and I were married in 1991. We’ve always liked a lot of the same things and enjoy the fact that we know each other very well. But no matter how well we’ve known each other, I’ve discovered that if I want to continue knowing her well that I have to spend quality time with her and take the time to really communicate.

The same is true with our relationship with God. We get so busy trying to serve God based on our prior relationship with Him that we simply forget to get into His presence on a daily basis. Only when we do this can our minds truly be renewed so we can discern His will for our lives.

Lord, when I long to know Your will, draw me closer to You.


*Affirming the Will of God

No comments:

Post a Comment