Saturday, December 26, 2009

On The Roof



Where can I go to escape Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence? If I go up to heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, You are there. If I live at the eastern horizon or settle at the western limits, even there Your hand will lead me; Your right hand will hold on to me. Psalm 139:7-10 HCSB

“Mrs. Frady!” said our frantic neighbor over the telephone. “Your son John is on your roof!”

My mother quickly ran outside to look. Sure enough, there I was, a two year old, sitting on the roof of our house. Somehow, I had managed to sneak out of her presence, go outside, and climb up a ladder to the roof. Carefully, she climbed up the ladder and carried me down to safety.

As a two year old, I was able to escape my mother’s presence, but we can never escape the presence of the Lord. It doesn’t matter if we’re at work, at church, on vacation, or at home on the roof, He is there with us, offering us guidance, security, and peace.

Lord, thank You for always being with us, wherever we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment