Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fall Short



For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. They are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. Romans 3:23-24 HCSB

Once, when I was leading worship, I made a very embarrassing mistake. I was doing a spoken transition from one praise song to the next while the piano played softly behind me. What I meant to say was that “Jesus was the only person who ever lived who was able to live a totally sinless life.” However, when the moment came to speak those words, I accidentally said, “Jesus was the only person who ever lived who was able to live a totally sinful life.” Fortunately, my pastor informed me of my error during the offering and I was able to reaffirm my theological stance to the congregation later in the service.

Jesus did live a sinless life. No one else who has ever lived can make that claim to fame, not the Apostle Paul, not John Calvin, not Mother Theresa, not Billy Graham, no one. When I reflect on this, I remember that it’s only by the grace and mercy of God that we are saved.

Lord, thank You for Your grace and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment