Monday, November 15, 2010

Shall Not Perish



For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 HCSB

And now let me address all of you, high and low, rich and poor, one with another, to accept the mercy and grace while it is offered to you; Now is the accepted time, now is the day of salvation.
George Whitefield*

I was sixteen when I made the best decision of my life. I had been studying the Bible and came to the realization that there was a God who loved me. In fact, He loved me so much that He left Heaven and lowered Himself to live as a man so that He could live a perfectly sinless life and then die a horrible death on a cross to pay the price for the bad things that I had done. Once I came to the realization that I could know this God personally, I jumped at the chance. I asked Him to forgive me of my sins and to become the Lord of my life.

Lord, thank You for dying on a cross for me. I love You.

*brainyquote.com

No comments:

Post a Comment