Monday, November 8, 2010

New Creation



Therefore if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come. 2 Corinthians 5:17 HCSB

We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive.
Albert Einstein*

I like to see new places. I like to experience new things. I like to try different types of foods. However, I’ve noticed that when I travel, I most often look for familiar restaurant chains when choosing a place to eat instead of embracing one of a kind local cuisine.

Why do I do that? Doesn’t it make sense that trying new restaurants would enhance the adventure and excitement of my journey? However, most often, I’m simply not willing to risk it. It seems that even when I am seeking adventure, there’s a part of me that wants security. I suppose that’s something that’s built into all of us.

Fortunately, when we come to Christ and become a new creation, we not only get to experience the new that comes with knowing Him, but we gain the greatest security that has ever been and ever will be.

Lord, help me to embrace the adventure and security that comes with being a new creation through You.

*brainyquote.com

No comments:

Post a Comment