Thursday, January 6, 2011

Smooch



But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us! Romans 5:8 HCSB

It was in the back corner of a small town skating rink that I experienced my first kiss. My hands held tightly to the rail as my lips moved ever closer to hers. After what seemed like an eternity, she took charge and finally sealed the deal by laying one on me.

On the way home that evening, one of my friends said, “I saw you kissing that girl in the corner. I guess you’re in love with her, huh?”

I thought about it for a moment and answered, “No, I don’t think so, but I liked it.”

Years later, I stood in my college chapel with tears streaming down my face and kissed my wife in front of God and everybody.

At the wedding reception, one of my college buddies showed up and said, “Man, you two sure do look like you’re in love!”

Without hesitation, I replied, “Without a doubt, man. Without a single doubt!”

So, what’s the difference? Where does the love come from? Love has been described in many ways, but is really only defined in and through our commitments.

Jesus showed His love and ultimate commitment to us when He died for us on a cross while we were still sinners. If He did this for us, we should be willing to demonstrate our love for Him by being totally committed to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment