Thursday, January 20, 2011

Waiting



Wait for the Lord; be courageous and let your heart be strong. Psalm 27:4 HCSB

Mold me and make me after Thy will, while I am waiting, yielded and still. Adelaide A. Pollard*

There I stood, in line at the DMV, waiting. I rolled my eyes as the line inched slowly forward. I texted dozens of people, read two chapters in a book, and counted all of the ceiling tiles in the building. Finally, it was my turn. I stepped up from behind the yellow line to the counter where I presented the necessary documents and payment with a smile.

“Everything seems to be in order,” said the clerk. Please take a number, have a seat, and wait until they call your name.”

Do you ever get tired of waiting? I do. I think it’s because I usually see the waiting as a time of inactivity instead of as a time of opportunity. How would my life be different if instead of complaining, I used my time of waiting to celebrate and worship the Lord? How much closer to Him would I be today if I had done so?

Lord, in times of waiting, remind me to worship You.

*Have Thine Own Way, Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment