Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Wonderful Life




Wait for the Lord; be courageous and let your heart be strong.
Psalm 27:14 HCSB

I love the old movie It’s A Wonderful Life. George Bailey, played by Jimmy Stewart, waits throughout the entire movie to be able to leave his hometown of Bedford Falls. Once, he even tells his father that he feels that if doesn’t get away he’s going to burst. However, through a series of circumstances, George isn’t able to leave the town. He discovers in the end, however, that the work he did while waiting to leave was extremely valuable to himself, his family, and the entire town.

There have been many times in my life and ministry when I’ve felt like George Bailey. I’ve watched others go here and there and it all looks so wonderful from the spot where I’m waiting. In those moments, I sit and wonder, “Why can’t that be me?”

Fortunately, the Lord has His ways of pulling me away from my own personal pity party and helping me to realize that He has personally positioned me to be where I am to fulfill His purposes. My only appropriate response to Him is worship.

Lord, help me to worship You while I’m waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment