Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Don't Be The Cause



Therefore, if food causes my brother to fall, I will never again eat meat, so that I won’t cause my brother to fall. 1 Corinthians 8:13 HCSB
Growing up, I had to ride the bus to school. The ride didn’t bother me, but the Parsley brothers did. They threw paper, smashed sandwiches, and thumped ears. Once, as the oldest Parsley boy thumped my ear, I decided to publicly embarrass him. The next morning, as he was running down the aisle, I tripped him. He hollered, fell to the floor, and smashed his own sandwich. Everyone laughed, he was humiliated, and I was glad. But when I saw his tears, I apologized.
Those of us involved in worship arts have the tremendous responsibility of leading people into the presence of God. Therefore, our actions and words offstage are just as important as our actions and words onstage. Wherever we go, people see what we do and hear what we say. We must be careful not to be the cause of them falling into sin.
Lord, help us to live for You at all times so that we do not cause our brother to stumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment