Monday, March 22, 2010

Eggshells



The one who searches for what is good finds favor, but if someone looks for trouble, it will come to him. Proverbs 11:27 HCSB

Being offended is a natural consequence of leaving the house.
Fran Lebowitz*

As a sensitive artist in the church, I am sometimes guilty of making issues out of statements that were not really meant to be issues. I have been known to walk around with a big chip on my shoulder from time to time. I sometimes plunge into despair over the smallest amount of negative feedback that I receive. Even though God created me to be a tender person, He didn’t mean for me to walk around angry or offended all of the time.

Sometimes, negative criticism comes to us because we go out looking for it. We wake up and wait to be dumped on by the world. I’m tired of always looking for the bad in everything. I want to see what is good. I want to find favor and hear positive feedback. If I allow myself to be offended by every little thing, there’s too much good that I could possibly miss.

Lord, help me to search for what is good.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment