Thursday, July 15, 2010

Gifts



According to the grace given to us, we have different gifts: If prophecy, use it according to the standard of faith; if service, in service; if teaching, in teaching; if exhorting, in exhortation; giving, with generosity; leading, with diligence; showing mercy, with cheerfulness. Romans 12:6-8 HCSB

Everyone is gifted – but some people never open their package. Anonymous*

Even though I love my church, because of the growing demands of the worship ministry, I most often find myself in the role of producer as opposed to worship leader, praise singer, or instrumentalist. Yesterday, it hit me hard that it had been a long time since I had been able to use my gifts and talents in these areas. “Lord,” I prayed. “Please show me somehow that You have still called me to lead people into Your presence.”

That’s when an elderly lady entered my office with a smile.

“Can you help us?” she asked.

Thinking that she probably wanted something moved, I sighed and said, “Sure, what do you need?”

“Well,” she said. “Our small group is meeting and we need someone to lead us in worship. Can you help?”

“Certainly,” I replied.

Lord, thank You for opportunities to serve You with our gifts.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment