Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Nothing Compares



As a deer longs for streams of water, so I long for You, God. I thirst for God, the living God. When can I come and appear before God? Psalm 42:1-2 HCSB

Even as I was directing the short testimony film, I was convicted. In preparation for an upcoming patriotic service, I was filming an interview with an elderly veteran. Close to the end of the taping, I asked him if he had any advice for younger Christians today. He smiled, looked me straight in the eye, and said, “You’ve got to pray. You’ve got to pray when you get up in the morning, pray at your morning work break, pray at lunch, pray at your afternoon break, pray when you get home, pray before you go to bed. Then get up the next morning and pray again. If you don’t pray, it’s just like having vitamins sitting right next to you that you don’t take. You’ve got to pray. It’s a nourishing thing. It keeps you in contact with the Lord of the universe. Keep up Your relationship with Him. Nothing can compare to the mighty God we serve.”

God, it is You that I long for. Nothing compares to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment