Thursday, May 12, 2011

Front Line Worship



Then he consulted with the people and appointed some to sing for the Lord and some to praise the splendor of His holiness. When they went up in front of the armed forces, they kept singing: Give thanks to the Lord, for His faithful love endures forever. 2 Chronicles 20:21 HCSB

I don’t know about you, but when problems arise in my life, my first thought is not usually worship and praise. Unfortunately, most often I try to “fix” these situations in my own strength and ability, only to later come crawling to the Lord when I’ve come to the end of myself.

Jehoshaphat, king of Judah, tried a better technique when the people of Judah went out to battle with the Ammonites, Moabites, and Meunites. Instead of assigning his largest and fiercest men to the front lines, he placed several worshipers who sang continually about the faithfulness of the Lord.

Fighting battles through strategic praise and worship is not a strategy that has caught on with most modern armies in our world. However, it is the best strategy for Christ followers when we are preparing for our own battles.

Lord, when we are faced with seemingly insurmountable situations, help us to respond with worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment