Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Position



You do not have to fight this battle. Position yourselves, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord. 2 Chronicles 20:17 HCSB

When I was in first grade, I played t-ball for the Sherwood Sharks. On the first day of practice, our coach watched us catch, throw, hit, and run. On the second day of practice, he assigned us our positions. Much to my dismay, I was placed in left field. Left field doesn’t see a lot of action in first grade t-ball. I hated it and thought about quitting. However, as the season continued, I realized that left field was the best position for me and for the entire team.

When the inhabitants of Judah were about to be attacked by a massive army, the Lord instructed them to position themselves for battle by standing still and watching. This assigned position certainly did not seem appropriate for the nation on the eve of their destruction, but it was the Lord’s instructions for them, which meant it was the best position for Judah at the time. Therefore, when they heard the Lord’s instructions, they fell before the Him in worship.

Lord, when we don’t understand Your instructions, help us to worship You all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment