Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Patience




See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth and is patient with it until it receives the early and late rains. You also must be patient.
James 4:7b-8a HCSB

When I was in elementary school, I grew a bean plant. My teacher gave each student a Styrofoam cup, some potting soil, and a bean. I broke up the soil, planted the bean, watered it slightly, wrote my name on the side of the cup, and set it in the window. However, instead of returning to my seat, I stood there watching.

“What are you doing?” asked my teacher.

“I’m waiting for it to grow.”

“It’s going to take time for it to grow. In the meantime, we have work to do.”

I obeyed my teacher, did my schoolwork, and watered the plant, just a little, everyday. The day it sprouted, I almost wet my pants.

After a farmer plants his crops, he doesn’t just kick back. He still has plenty of farm work that needs to be done. As we wait on the Lord, we should continue to worship and serve Him with diligence and anticipation.

Lord, as we wait, help us to worship and serve You.

No comments:

Post a Comment