Thursday, February 3, 2011



When I am filled with cares, Your comfort brings me joy. Psalm 94:19 HCSB

An hour before the worship service, I remembered that I had forgotten some important papers in my office, which was temporarily located five miles away. My wife had my care, so I borrowed one from a friend. Halfway there, I noticed that the car was running on empty and was also overheating. Somehow, I made it to the office, found the documents, put a gallon of water in the radiator, and headed back. On the way back, I stopped at a gas station and pumped in $5 in gas. I found a bottle of water, poured it into the radiator and continued driving. My heart raced as I gripped the steering wheel. “Please, Lord, let me make it back.”

Suddenly, I found myself singing hymns and praise songs. My pulse slowed, my shoulders relaxed, and I remembered that Jesus loved me so much. I made it back in time for the service, but more importantly, I learned a lot about the comfort and joy of the Lord.

God, next time I am filled with cares, help me to come to You for comfort and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment