Friday, January 15, 2010

Full Vent



A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man holds it in check. Proverbs 29:11 HCSB

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry. Winston Churchill*

The grocery store was packed. Somehow, my wife Kathy and I managed to squeeze through the crowd and find the cases of bottled water. I paid for one at the checkout and we walked out of the store and towards our car when a large Cadillac suddenly appeared out of nowhere. The driver of the car obviously wanted all of the pedestrians to yield to him so he honked his horn for an extended period. For some reason, this made me absolutely furious. I stepped out of the car’s path, but raised the case of water over my head and acted as if I was going to slam it onto the trunk of the Cadillac.

“Did you see that jerk?” I asked Kathy as I loaded the water into the car.

“Oh,” she replied. “Do you mean that man who was honking his horn or you acting like you were going to throw your water bottles on his car?”

Lord, help us always to keep our anger in check.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment