Tuesday, January 26, 2010

White Lexus



A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man holds it in check. Proverbs 29:11 HCSB

For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.
Ralph Waldo Emerson*

Well, I was on my way to work today,
Driving along the usual way,
When I stopped at a light before I turned right,
But before I could peer to my right did I hear
A honk from a man with a phone in his hand
In a white Lexus car and he did by far
Anger me much more than I’d been before
When driving to work, but, I tell you, this jerk
Made me want to curse, but what was much worse,
I threw caution aside because I did decide
To not let it go and to sure let him know
That the honk from his horn had caused a right storm,
Right inside my head and I wished he was dead.
I slammed the gas to the floor and peeled out before,
I even could see what was coming for me:
It was a giant Mack truck and I had no luck
In veering away on this my last day.

Lord, help us control our anger.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment