Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Prowler



Be sober! Be on the alert! Your adversary the Devil is prowling around like a roaring lion, looking for anyone he can devour. Resist him, firm in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are being experienced by your brothers in the world. 1 Peter 5:8-9 HCSB

I’m sorry if I’m the one to break this news to you: you were born into a world at war, and you will live all your days in the midst of a great battle, involving all the forces of heaven and hell and played out here on earth. John Eldridge*

When I was a child, I had a very distinct idea of the identity of Satan. I knew that Satan was pure evil, opposing God in everything. I knew that he was out to destroy me, so I tried to stay as far away from him as I could.

I think I need to get back to my childhood picture of Satan. I need to remember that he only wants to tempt me, deceive me, accuse me, and devour me.

Lord, give me the wisdom to know when Satan is attacking me and the boldness to resist him.


*Waking the Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment