Thursday, February 18, 2010

Community Project



We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28 HCSB

What I do you cannot do; but what you do, I cannot do. The needs are great, and none of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful. Mother Theresa of Calcutta*

Like many Christians, Romans 8:28 was one of the first verses of scripture that I memorized after I came to know Christ. It was extremely comforting to know that all things, no matter how difficult, were working together for my good. However, after many years of following Christ, I’m finally beginning to realize that I’ve looked at that scripture from a very selfish perspective. I never realized that the good is for those who love God and not just for the me who loves God. Something I endure may be for the good of someone else who loves God and vice versa. This Christian life and ministry is not an individual test. Instead, it’s a community project.

Lord, thank You that all things work together for our good.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment