Monday, February 1, 2010

Ways



“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not My ways.” This is the Lord’s declaration. “For as heaven is higher than earth, so My ways are higher than your ways.” Isaiah 55:7-8 HCSB

Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed.
Robert H. Schuller*

“Pastor,” my mother said as she pulled out a big wad of folded bills in front of me. “I’ve got this extra money and I wasn’t quite sure what to do with it, so will you take it and give it to someone who really needs it?”

“I certainly will,” he replied with a smile. “That’s very thoughtful of you.”

Later, when we were alone, I told her, “I could have told you what to do with that extra cash. I could have spent it on jeans and tennis shoes.”

“Well, I did with it exactly what I thought God wanted me to do,” she responded. “And if you don’t like it, you can take it up with Him.”

Lord, help us to always remember that You have supernatural purposes for the resources that You have entrusted to us.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment