Friday, February 5, 2010

Whatever He Pleases



The Lord does whatever He pleases in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all the depths. Psalm 135:6 HCSB

I gave in, and admitted that God was God. C.S. Lewis*

After all these years of having a personal relationship with Jesus, I can’t believe that I am still so selfish when I come before Him in prayer. I must seem to Him like some little spoiled brat who runs to Him and says, “Hello, God! I want these three things for my birthday and these four things for Christmas and these two things just for being me!” What must go through His mind when I’m busy praying, “My kingdom come, my will be done on earth as it is in heaven?”

He alone is Lord. He cares about my wants and needs, but it is His purposes and plans that will come to fruition whether or not they are on my wishlist. The Lord can do whatever He wants wherever He wants whenever He wants however He wants. He is God. I am not.

Lord, You are God. You do whatever You want. Help me to always remember that when I am speaking to You.


*brainyquote.com

No comments:

Post a Comment