Sunday, February 14, 2010

We Need Friends



So I stationed people behind the lowest sections of the wall, at the vulnerable areas. I stationed them by families with their swords, spears, and bows. Nehemiah 4:13 HCSB

Steven is my good friend. I sang in his wedding. He ushered at mine. When he developed Hodgkin’s Disease, he called me. When Kathy and I lost a baby to miscarriage, I called him. When the foster child he was trying to adopt was taken from he and his wife, I prayed with him. When I returned to my New Orleans home after Hurricane Katrina, he came with me. He’s my good friend.
Nehemiah stationed those working on the wall to stand guard by families. He knew that people needed to be with others with whom they have a relationship. He realized that it is easier for people to overcome discouragement when they know that somebody “has their back.”

Today, remember to make contact with your friends. Remember that God gave you your friends to help you go through difficult times. Remember also that God gave you to
your friends to help them go through difficult times.

Lord, thank You for the friends that You have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment