Thursday, May 14, 2009

Comparing

Comparing

“If the foot should say, ‘Because I’m not a hand, I don’t belong to the body,’ in spite of that it still belongs to the body. And if the ear should say, ‘Because I’m not an eye, I don’t belong to the body,’ in spite of this it still belongs to the body.” 1 Corinthians 12:15-16 HCSB

“Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another.” Marquis de Condorcet*

When I was in college, I once attended a weeklong camp in North Carolina. One day, an older woman struck up a conversation with me about how I was enjoying the camp. For some reason, I told her that I was disappointed in myself because I hadn’t been selected to sing the solo with the choir for that evening’s worship service.

She looked at me thoughtfully and said, “Do you know why I stopped to talk with you? I wanted to tell you that each night when the choir sings, I watch you. You are unique and loved by God. He doesn’t want you comparing yourself to others. He wants you to rejoice in what He’s given you.”

Lord, thank You for making each of us unique.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment