Saturday, May 30, 2009

Chick-Fil-A



Based on the gift they have received, everyone should use it to serve others, as good managers of the varied gift of God. 1 Peter 4:10 HCSB

It is not enough to give the customer excellent service. You must subtly make him aware of the great service he is getting. Michael Leboeuf*

There’s a Chick-Fil-A that I love visiting. The building is clean and attractive. I’m greeted at the door. There are plenty of smiling workers offering to take my order. The clerks who are not serving other guests prepare my drinks for the one who is serving me. If my order is not extremely prompt, they offer to carry my tray for me, but even then it is ready before I can pull my straw from its sleeve. The food is delicious, but if it wasn’t, the manager, who stops by twice to refill our drinks and offer us moist towelettes, would remedy the situation. Christian music plays and posters on the wall advertise the WinShape Foundation, a Chick-Fil-A funded organization which sponsors marriage retreats, foster parenting, and camps for underprivileged children.

The church can learn a lot from Chick-Fil-A.

Lord, help us use what you’ve given us to serve others.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment