Friday, May 15, 2009

Gratitude

“I will praise You forever for what You have done. In the presence of Your faithful people, I will put my hope in Your name, for it is good.” Psalm 52:9 HCSB

“Gratitude is not only the memory but the homage of the heart rendered to God for His goodness.” Nathaniel Parker Willis*

Most of us spend too much time counting our curses instead of counting our blessings.

Counting our Curses: Man, I was barely able to get up this morning. I paid all the bills and now I don’t have any money left. My house is too small. My boss works me too hard.

Counting our Blessings: Thank You, Lord, that I was able to get up this morning! Thank You for providing for me! All my needs have been met! Thank You for giving me a home. Thank You for giving me a job where I can be productive and be a witness for You.

Whether we realize it or not, what and how we speak shows others what we think and feel. We need to speak gratitude to the Lord for all He has done.

Lord, help us today to put our hope in Your good name.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment