Monday, June 1, 2009

Well Done

For there is no other god who is able to deliver like this. Daniel 3:29b HCSB

The heart of the issue in worship is this: My life needs God’s presence to work God’s purpose in my life. Jack Hayford*

When I was a child, I played the part of Nebuchadnezzar in the children’s musical It’s Cool In The Furnace. It was great fun! I loved stomping around the worship center commanding everyone to bow down to the image that I had created. The words and music of that musical helped me to understand how ridiculous it was to worship anything but the Lord.

However, I grew up and discovered that the gods of money, education, business, video games, sports, music, entertainment, position, vacation, work, hobbies, etc… demand from us our worship. Some may even pronounce our doom if we do not bow to them. However, we must be bold and place God above all of the “stuff” that competes for our praise.

God, You are the only God. Today I ask You to give me the boldness to worship You fully and to worship You only.

*Worship Digest 19, Oct.’98

No comments:

Post a Comment