Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Acknowledge



“Acknowledge that the Lord is God. He made us, and we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.” Psalm 100:3 HCSB

“Almighty God, we acknowledge our dependence on Thee and we beg Thy blessings upon us, our parents, our teachers, and our country.” Anonymous*

The other day, I saw a personalized license plate with the word “GODLESS” as the license number. On a sticker above the license plate was the sentence, “I am an atheist by choice because honesty compels me.”

One of the hardest things for many of us to accept is that we are not in charge of our own lives. But, whatever we may choose to believe does not change the fact that there is a God who created us all and He is ultimately in charge of everything. We would do well to acknowledge that fact.

Worshiping the Lord involves acknowledging that He is God. Those of us entrusted with worship leadership have the responsibility to proclaim to others that the Lord is God. We must provide opportunities during our times of worship for people to do the same.

Heavenly Father, You are Lord over my life. I am Yours and I love You.

*thinkexist.com

2 comments:

  1. John; Great point! This has always been a quote that I liked on the this subject....

    "The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful and has nobody to thank." -Dante Gabriel Rossetti

    I cannot imagine not have my God to thank!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jaime. I appreciate you reading the blog.

    ReplyDelete