Sunday, June 7, 2009

Formless


“Your eyes saw me when I was formless; all my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began.” Psalm 139:16 HCSB

“God created you with a divine undertaking in mind. Before you were born, God knew you. And He knew what He wanted your life to be like.” Craig Groeschel*

According to Genesis, when God created the earth it was formless and empty. Darkness covered the surface of the waters and God’s Spirit hovered over the surface of water. God knew then how He wanted the earth to look. He created it out of nothing with a purpose in mind. He did a beautiful job.

Before you were born, when you were formless, God saw you. He knew you and loved you. He knew what you would look like from head to toe. He smiled to Himself as He thought about your life’s purpose. He took the time to write out all of your days long before you drew your first breath. He created you with a purpose in mind. He did a beautiful job.

Thank you, God, for loving me and knowing me even when I was formless.

*Chazown, pg. 18

No comments:

Post a Comment