Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fortune Cookies



“Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path.” Psalm 119:105 HCSB

“Knowledge of God’s Word is a bulwark against deception, temptation, accusation, even persecution.” Edwin Louis Cole*

I like to read fortune cookies. I don’t read them devotionally, but I do read them for fun, especially those that don’t quite make sense. One that comes to mind is “I think and that is all that I am.” Another is “Money sent will quack your dreams and help you in your mind.” And then there is my all time favorite, “All the rubber bands are headed in the right direction.”

Fortunately, we don’t have to rely on fortune cookies, tarot cards, crystal balls, or eight balls to speak into our lives. God has given us the wonderful gift of His word which we can use as a standard for living. Those of us in worship leadership positions often find ourselves in awkward, difficult situations. If we take the time to hide the words of the Bible in our hearts, the Holy Spirit will bring them to our minds when we most need them.

Today, as you pray, thank God for His word.

*brainyquote.com

No comments:

Post a Comment