Friday, June 26, 2009

The King



And on His robe and His thigh He has a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS! Revelation 19:16 HCSB
Christianity is the story of how the rightful King has landed, you might say in disguise, and is calling us all to take part in His great campaign of sabotage. C.S. Lewis*
As I write this, the world is mourning the passing of Michael Jackson, the King of Pop. I myself am surprised at how much his death has impacted me. I’ve been glued to the television today watching his old music videos. It reminds me of the day that Elvis Presley, the King of Rock and Roll, died. I heard his music everywhere. I saw his picture everywhere.
Fortunately, the King of Kings is alive and well. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and died a violent death on a cross. Upon His death, His disciples, family, and all of Heaven wept, but three days later He rose from the dead. He is the once, now, forever, and future King. He is the only King worthy of our endless worship.
Lord Jesus, You are the one and only King. I will follow You.
*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment