Thursday, June 18, 2009



For as he thinks within himself, so he is. Proverbs 23:7a HCSB

Taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5b HCSB

Sometimes when I’m talking, my words can’t keep up with my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice. Bill Watterson*

One of my favorite lines from Star Wars takes place when Luke Skywalker tells Han Solo that if he helps to rescue Princess Leia the reward would be more money than he could imagine. Han Solo quickly remarks, “I don’t know. I can imagine quite a bit.”

Creative people are often like Han Solo. We can imagine quite a bit. We often let our minds roam free in order to begin or continue the creative process. The only problem with this is that sometimes an idle mind left to wander can quickly lead us to sinful actions.

In Matthew 5:27-28, while speaking of lust and adultery, Jesus made the connection between our thoughts and our actions. We are responsible for what we think. When an ungodly thought enters our mind, we must take it captive and make it obedient to Jesus.

Lord, help us think godly thoughts.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment