Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Answer



Who is this who obscures my counsel with ignorant words? Get ready to answer Me like a man; when I question you, you will inform Me. Job 38:2-3 HCSB

When men are most sure and arrogant they are commonly most mistaken, giving views to passion without that proper deliberation which alone can secure them from the grossest absurdities. David Hume*

Have you ever been seriously put in your place by someone really important? It happened to me when I was in college. Our University Choir was singing under the direction of a famous guest conductor. I mistakenly began singing with the sopranos and altos during a very beautiful section of the choir anthem. After a couple of seconds, the conductor yelled out “Shut Up, tenor!” I stopped, but his anger continued. The rehearsal came to a standstill as our “guest” lectured me about my stupidity in front of the entire choir.

If you can imagine how I felt, think about how Job must have felt when the Lord set him straight in the above scripture. God informed Job, in no uncertain terms, that He is the Lord and Job was not.

Lord, help me always remember that You are God and I am not.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment