Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Reverential Awe


Serve the Lord with reverential awe, and rejoice with trembling. Psalm 2:11 HCSB

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed. Albert Einstein*

I had always heard of its beauty, but I could not anticipate the grandeur I was about to experience. Suddenly, before I was ready, the vehicle I was in turned a corner and parked not far from its edge. The only words that could escape my mouth were “Oh man!” I jumped out of the car to gaze at its vastness. Somehow, I couldn’t look away. Before me stood the Grand Canyon and I was amazed by its size and beauty.

There have been several times in my life when I have felt the same way about the Lord as I worshiped Him. In those times, I’ve sensed a portion of His enormity and I simply couldn’t look away from Him. God is huge. He is bigger than anything we can fathom. He deserves our worship and our praise. We should come before Him with reverential awe. We should rejoice before Him with trembling.

Lord, I am in awe of You.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment