Monday, June 22, 2009

Fight


Haven’t I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9 HCSB

If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone. John Maxwell*


There I stood, in the snow, the only barrier between a drunken man and a full class of first graders. Since he was intoxicated, I told him that the school was closed, hoping that he would believe me. He didn’t. Instead, he ran at me and grabbed both of my shoulders. I wasn’t sure what to do because I hadn’t been in a fight since the third grade, so I grabbed his shoulders. Without releasing me, he kicked at me with his right foot. Not being drunk, I jumped to my right and easily dodged his kick. He continued kicking and I continued dodging and since we were still holding each other’s shoulders, we did so in a circle until we both grew dizzy and he released me and fell into the snow. Fortunately, the police soon arrived and carried away the inebriated man.

Lord, help us have courage when we find ourselves in a fight.

*thinkexist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment